Chicken, mushroom, and small peas, with a tarragon sauce in a shell of puff pastry.
|4||puff pastry shells, large||240 g|
|8||button (white) mushrooms||110 g|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
|2/3 cup||frozen peas||80 g|
|5 tbsp||butter, unsalted||65 g|
|1/3 cup||white flour (all purpose)||40 g|
|375 mL||Homemade Chicken Broth||1 1/2 cup|
|1 1/2 tbsp||whipping cream 35%||23 mL|
|2 tbsp||fresh tarragon, chopped||4 g|
|1 pinch||nutmeg, grated|
|2 3/4 cups||Homemade Boiled Chicken, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 pinch||salt [optional]||0.2 g|
|ground pepper to taste [optional]|
Before you start
Make sure you have the precooked chicken available.
Keep the serving plates in the oven at the lowest setting so they are warm when you serve.
- Preheat the oven using the lowest setting. Warm up the puff pastry shells on the individual serving plates.
- Prepare the mushrooms: slice them thinly. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, then sauté 3-4 min, with occasional stirring, until the mushrooms are golden and the released liquid has evaporated completely. Set them aside.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the small peas, still frozen, by plunging them 4-5 min in a small pot of boiling salted water. Drain them, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour then cook 2 min with stirring. Slowly add the broth with stirring and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook 3-4 min, with stirring, until the sauce is smooth and a bit thick. Pour in the cream, chopped tarragon, and grated nutmeg.
- Add the chicken pieces, mushrooms, and peas. Adjust the seasoning. Cook a few minutes, then portion out the mixture into and around the pastry shells. Serve.
The chicken mixture can be made 1 day ahead, then put into the pastry shells just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (120g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Magnesium, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Calcium, Omega-3, Omega-6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D
- Low :
|Meat and Alternatives||3|