My food profile
- Sign in to SOS Cuisine with your user name and password. Click on the My Profile button in the green dashboard on the right-hand side of the page (see below).
- Look for "Please select a menu type." Select the meal plan you would like to start receiving from the drop-down. Once you are satisfied with your selection, click "Modify my profile." Your menu type has been changed!
- The new meal plan will be automatically accessible in your profile when your current meal plan expires. If you want to access this new meal plan right away, click on the "Reset" button, at the bottom of the Modify if needed page.
- Once you are satisfied with your selection, click "Save changes." Your menu type has been changed!
- The new meal plan will be automatically accessible in your profile when your current meal plan expires. If you want to access this new meal plan right away, go to My Meal Plan page, click on the Parameters (gear icon) and select "Reset this week's meal plan".
Please consult the following FAQ questions:
Learn how to personalize My Exclusions.
- How can I exclude recipes from the meal plan?
- How can I add recipes to the meal plan?
- How can I create a personalized meal plan from scratch?
- I don?t like any of the recipes in my meal plan this week. Can I build my own?
- You can of course combine exclusions. For example, you could create a Halal meal plan by checking the "alcohol" and "pork" boxes.
- Once you have entered your exclusions, click the "save changes" button so that they are recorded in your profile.
- You should select your exclusions very carefully. For, if you exclude a particular category, you are indirectly excluding all the ingredients in this category. For example, if you exclude "citrus fruits", all recipes using lemon juice will be excluded from your meal plans and your searches. If lemon juice is not a problem, but you don't want orange, instead of checking the "Citrus fruits" box, write "orange" in the "Search for other foods to be excluded" box.
- Here's yet another example. If you select "Soy", then tofu, soymilk, miso, soy sauce, edamame and all other soy products will be eliminated. Which is all very well if you're allergic to soy. On the other hand, if you wish to only avoid eating tofu, then it's to better write "tofu" in the "Search for other foods to be excluded" box.
- Let's look at one last example. If you're allergic to fish, check the "Fish (allergy)" box. This will exclude all ingredients containing fish, even those that contain only traces such as Worcestershire sauce. On the other hand, if you don't like the taste of fish, check the "Fish (aversion)" box. That will exclude recipes containing fish, but not those containing only traces of fish.
Your weekly menu is prepared as per the number of people in your household (as specified in your profile). This should be the number of people that normally sit at the table in your household.
- To change the number of servings in your meal plan, simply sign in with your username and password in the green 'sign in' dashboard (see below) and click My Profile.
- Look for "Number of people in the household" and select a new number from the drop-down.
- If you want to change the number of servings for just one night, you can do that too. Simply sign in and go to the Modify if needed page in your meal plan.
- For example, if you know that you won't be home one night, you can put the serving amount to "0". This will eliminate the recipe ingredients from your grocery list.
- Alternately, if you know you are having people over for dinner one night, you can increase the number of servings for a recipe. Your grocery list will reflect these changes.